Contact Details of the Data Controller
The data controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation and other national data protection laws of the EU Member States as well as other data protection provisions is:
Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg)
Berliner Tor 5
Fax: + 49.40.42875-9149
HAW Hamburg is a public corporation. It is legally represented by
Prof. Dr. Micha Teuscher
President of HAW Hamburg
Berliner Tor 5
Contact details of the data protection officer at HAW Hamburg
datenschutz nord GmbH
(1) Your personal data, insofar as these are necessary for this contractual relationship (inventory data) in terms of its establishment, organization of content and modifications, are used exclusively for fulfilling the contract. We might process the following data: name, title, e-mail adress, IP-adress and other data mentioned in the next chapter.
(2) Without your explicit consent or a legal basis, your personal data are not passed on to third parties outside the scope of fulfilling this contract. After completion of the contract, your data are blocked against further use. After expiry of deadlines as per tax-related and commercial regulations, these data are deleted unless you have expressly consented to their further use.
Scope of Processing the Personal Data
When you visit our website, you transmit data to our web server via your Internet browser. The following data are temporarily recorded in a log file via an active connection that is established for communication purposes between your Internet browser and our web server:
- The IP address of the requesting computer
- The date and time of access
- The name, URL, and the size of the retrieved file that has been transferred
- Access status (the requested file was transferred, not found, etc.)
- Identification data about the used browser and operating system (if transmitted by the requesting web browser)
- Referring website (if transmitted by the requesting web browser)
In individual cases, i.e., in response to reported faults, errors, and security incidents, a manual analysis is performed.
Data Storage in Forms
We use forms on our websites in order, for example, to allow users to register for events or courses or to sign up for the press release mailing list or a newsletter. The personal data that you provide to us via our websites are accepted only with your consent and are used exclusively for the purposes stated in the forms insofar as there is no legal basis to collect them otherwise. Please note the corresponding notices that are provided on the forms. All of the forms are only used to collect personal information that is strictly necessary. Your data will not be disclosed to third parties unless this is explicitly stated in the form.
It is also possible to establish contact via the e-mail addresses provided on the HAW Hamburg websites. In this case, the user's personal data that are transmitted by e-mail will be stored. Such data are not forwarded to third parties.
Information about cookies
(2) You can prevent storage of cookies by choosing a 'disable cookies' option in your browser settings. But this can limit the functionality of our Internet offers as a result.
Incooperation of Third-party Services and Content
We use content from third parties on our online offering, such as videos from YouTube and maps from Google Maps. In addition, we have integrated the Google search engine into our offering. This requires that the providers of this content (hereinafter referred to as “third party providers”) are able to see the IP addresses of users as the content cannot be sent to the browser of the respective user without the IP address. Therefore, the IP address is required to display such content. We seek to use such content only if the respective provider agrees to use the IP address only for purposes of delivering such content. Nevertheless, we have no influence over whether such third-party providers store the IP address, such as for statistical purposes, for example. We will inform the users about any details we have in this respect.
This website uses the open source analysis tool MATOMO (formerly Piwik) (www.matomo.org,) to generate statistical reports on the use of the website. MATOMO stores the collected data (including time, page retrieved, browser used, operating system) in a database. The evaluations generated by MATOMO are completely anonymous and can not be used to identify individuals. IP addresses are blurred before they enter the database to comply with legal requirements. A linking of the stored data with other data sources or a transfer to third parties does not take place.
We use the Google reCaptcha service to determine whether a person or a computer makes a particular entry in our contact or newsletter form. Google uses the following data to check whether you are a human or a computer: IP address of the device used, the website that you visit with us and on which the captcha is integrated, the date and duration of the visit, the identification data of the device used Browser and operating system type, Google account if you are logged in to Google, mouse movements on the reCaptcha areas and tasks for which you have to identify images. The legal basis for the data processing described is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f General data protection regulation. There is a legitimate interest on our part in this data processing to ensure the security of our website and to protect us from automated entries (attacks).
Regarding the Usage of YouTube Plug-ins
Our website incorporates a plug-in from www.youtube.com, which is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”).
We use the CleverReach program for the subscription to our newsletter and address management and sending. Our free newsletter informs you regularly by e-mail about the project, news and events. Your data entered here will only be used to personalise the newsletter and will not be passed on to third parties. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time or revoke your consent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your data will be deleted after the end of the newsletter reception within 1 week, provided that the deletion does not conflict with any statutory storage requirements. Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the provider can be found in the respective data protection declaration available at: https://www.cleverreach.com/en/privacy-policy/.
Mapbox, Openstreet Map
On this website, we use the services of Mapbox. Mapbox uses the technology of Openstreet Map, a free project of the OpenStreetMap Foundation. This allows us to display maps directly on the website, thus enabling you to use the map function conveniently. By using the map on our website, data is transferred to Mapbox such as IP address, device and browser information, operating system, the content of the request, the date and time of the request, and limited location and usage data. Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the provider can be found in the respective data protection declaration available at: https://www.mapbox.com/legal/privacy/.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data on this website in general is Art. 6 par. 1, sec. 1, (e), par. 3, Art. 89 GDPR, § 11 par. 1, sec.1 HmbDSG. The legal basis for the processing of personal data with respect to registering for events, the newsletter or establishing contact via e-mail is Art. 6 par. 1, sec. 1 (a) GDPR.
Deletion of Personal Data
Your personal data will be deleted after the purpose for which they were collected has been fulfilled, unless you have given your consent to be contacted again. After expiry of deadlines as per tax-related and commercial regulations, these data are deleted unless you have expressly consented to their further use. Log entries that are older than seven days are anonymised by shortening the IP address, saved as a backup for three months, and then deleted.
Rights of the Data Subject
(1) Users of our website have the following rights:
- Right to access your personal data that is stored by us (Art. 15 GDPR).
- Right to request rectification of incorrect or incomplete personal data (Art. 16 GDPR).
- Right to the erasure of personal data concerning you, unless the processing of such data is required for purposes of exercising the right of freedom of expression and information or of complying with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (Art. 17 GDPR).
- Right to the restriction of the processing of personal data (Art. 18 GDPR).
- Right to object to any processing that is in the public interest or is used for purposes of profiling, unless we are able to demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (Art. 21 GDPR). Right to revoke your previously given consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data at any time for future collection, processing and use (Art. 7 (3) GDPR). If you exercise this right, we may no longer perform the data processing that we had been performing based on such consent.
- Right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you violates the terms of the GDPR (Art. 77 GDPR).
(2) Inquiries can be directed to the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com.